Friday, December 30, 2011 by Shelley Miles
January Activities, Games
JANUARY 30 – Backwards day
See how many things you can do backwards today.
- Eat dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner
- Wear your shirt backwards
- Start with dessert
- Walk backwards
- Wear your clothes inside out.
- Say the alphabet backwards
- Write backwards
- Read a story starting with the last page
- Read from the last word to the first
- Say everyone's name backwards - mine is Selim Yellehs
Tuesday, December 20, 2011 by Shelley Miles
January Activities, Recipes
JANUARY 20 – Camcorder day, National buttercrunch day
Calling all future cinematographers! Grab an inexpensive camcorder and get the kids taking movies. Family members, pets and backyard scenery are perfect subjects. Movie making is great for developing storytelling and writing skills. Use Movie Maker (free download) for PCs or iMovie on your Mac to edit the footage together.
Then make a Chocolate Butter Crunch Trifle to enjoy during the screening. The kids will love making the layers.
Chocolate Butter Crunch Trifle
- 1 package Devil's Food Cake mix
- 2 Packages Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 2 containers large whipped topping
- Chocolate wafers or chocolate graham crackers (wafers have to be crumbled)
- Mini butter crunch chips
- Bake Devils' Food cake as instructed on package, cool, cut up in small chunks into large bowl.
- At medium speed, beat chocolate pudding and milk for 3 minutes.
- Place uncovered in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Layer as follows in clear large bowl or clear trifle bowl bringing each layer to side edges of bowl: 1/3 cake chunks 1/3 pudding mix 1/3 whipped topping Cookie crumbs Mini butter crunch chips Repeat twice with remaining thirds.
- Chill 2 hours or longer.
All Blog Entrys
• Windmill Day
• Pony Rides
• Leo Leonnis
• November holidays
• Pet Safety
• October activities
• Ballet Audition Tours
• Spelling Bee
• Math concepts