Friday, June 22, 2012 by Shelley Miles
July Activities, Recipes
JULY 20 - Moon day
Neil Armstrong and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin were the first men to land on the moon making this day a proud one for all mankind. They discovered that it's not made of green cheese. But that won't stop you from enjoying these delicious Moon Pizzas.
- English muffins (split into halves)
- Tomato sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni slices
If you have a picture of the moon’s surface, keep it handy so that you can use it as your guide to making the perfect Moon pizza.
- Split the English Muffins into halves to reveal the craters. Point out the similarity between the surface of the Moon and the muffins.
- Cut some of the pepperoni slices into half moons and keep some whole for full moons.
- Your child can spread some sauce on each muffin half.
- Layer some pepperoni and then sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Place the pizzas in a 350° oven and bake until the cheese is melted. Serve warm.
All Blog Entrys
• How to
• February Activities
• Outdoor games
• Pet Safety
• Justin Roberts
• September Holidays
• May Activites
• May Activities
• 4th of July
• June Activites